I’ve been furiously trying to finish a research assignment for class these last few days, but don’t seem to be having much luck. During one of my hair-pulling sessions this evening, mom ‘politely’ pointed out that we had 4 bananas which had gone squishy and black skinned.
In short, they were close to dying a smoodgy death unless they were used tonight or tomorrow…so I reached for the Family Circle ‘Classic Essential Cakes’ book which has been around since my childhood and whipped up this ridiculously easy banana cake recipe… which incidently requires 4 ripe medium bananas! HAH!
Banana Cake Recipe
Banana Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 125g butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
How to Make Banana Cake Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line springform round cake tin.
2. In a large mixing bowl beat together butter and sugar. Add eggs gradually, beating thoroughly after each addition. Add vanilla essence and mashed bananas, beat till combined.
Also Read: Best Vegetarian Dumpling Recipe
3. Dissolve bicarb soda in milk, and using a metal spoon, fold in sifted flour alternately with milk. Stir till ingredients are just combined, then spoon into cake tin. Bake for 50-60mins, or till a skewer comes out almost clean (just a couple of moist crumbs sticking to it)
…and that is it! Enjoy!
Things to consider:
While this cake is really yummy, I think I might add some walnuts next time as I love the crunchiness they provide in cakes – great contrast to the fluffiness.