I spoke to my supervisor for my Media Project at uni today, and she has said that this blog (along with other documentation which I won’t go into here) will qualify as my project? You know what this means, right?
It means I can say that cooking is my STUDY! HAH! I may never make it to Le Cordon Bleu (AUD $7000 for a beginner’s pastry course? In my dreams!), so I’ll take what I can get 😉
Easy Macadamia Cookies Recipe
In celebration, there was more baking to be had tonight, albeit a quick and easy recipe as I’m a bit wiped…these cookies are crisp, crunchy, and very much for a person with a bit of a sweet tooth.
Honey & Macadamia Cookies Ingredients
(warning – these are decadant, and equally as dangerous for the waistline!)
- 125g melted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 55g caster sugar
- 1 heaped tsp bicarb soda
- 50g cup shredded coconut (not dessicated, you need the texture of shredded)
- 185g plain flour
- 35g finely chopped unsalted macadamias
- Demerara or Coffee sugar (they’re both large grained sugars, I prefer the flavour of demerara, but the coffee sugar crystals look a lot more impressive!)
How to Make Macadamia Cookies Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Beat melted butter, honey, caster sugar and bicarb soda till smooth. Stir in sifted flour, coconut and macadamia nuts.
Also Try: Easy Peasy Pepper Chicken Recipe
3. Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls, press one side into the sugar granules then place the rounds 4cm apart on a lined baking tray, flattening them slightly.
4. Bake for about 10 minutes, or till they have lightly browned on top. Remove tray from the oven and stand for about 5 minutes before lifting them onto wire racks to cool.
This quantity will make about 20-25 deliciously decadant, crisp and crunchy cookies.
And what was my kitchen-hand doing whilst I was making these golden lovelies?