One of my earliest and fondest memories of being in the kitchen is of when I was barely tall enough to reach the counter top in the kitchen, and I had to sit on the counter in order to help my mom. She used to bake these wonderful peanut butter cookies which were light and peanut buttery and crumbly, and I’d love dunking them into a glass of milk and munching on them as soon as they were ready!
I was talking to mom about this memory and she laughed, saying that the recipe was from the back of a jar of peanut butter…I asked if she still had it, but alas, I’m not that lucky. A hunt through my various cookbooks revealed a recipe for peanut butter and chocolate chip cookies, which I thought was definetely worth a shot!
Easy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
They worked a treat! I didn’t have any milk choc chips, so I used the rest of my dark chocolate chips which unfortunately slightly overpowered the peanut buttery goodness, but I’ll most definetely be trying this recipe again 🙂
Peanut Butter Cookies Ingredients
- 125g butter, chopped and at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 220g lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 150g crunchy peanut butter
- 225g plain flour
- 100g unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 200g milk chocolate choc chips
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Beat butter, vanilla essence, sugar, egg and peanut butter in a bowl till smooth.
3. Stir in peanuts, flour and choc bits.
4. Roll rounded tablespoons of mixture into balls, slightly squish them down then pattern them with a floured fork. Place them about 3-5cm apart, as they will spread as they bake.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or till tops are lightly browned.
This makes for crisp, crunchy peanut butter cookies which disintegrate in your mouth into a lovely meld of peanut and chocolatey goodness!