So, what do you do when the pantry is almost empty and you’re tummy is grumbling to be fed now? Why, grab what you have and go go go!
It’s extremely simple, but not rich and quite a nice lunch with a lovely side salad and some of my mother’s salad dressing 🙂
Quick Chicken Recipes
- 1 skinless chicken breast
- 4 vine-ripened roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1/2 red capsicum (bell pepper), deseeded and chopped
- 2 thai chillis, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Pasta, to serve.
How to Make Quick Chicken recipe
1. Thinly slice the chicken breast and quickly fry in a tsp of olive oil, then remove and put aside.
2. Blanch the tomatoes, then peel them and roughly chop them*. Place the tomatoes into a saucepan with the capsicum, chilli and garlic and lightly fry till the sauce reduces slightly and it’s all cooked together. Chuck in the chicken and the cooked pasta and warm through, then serve.
Also Try: Sweet and Sour Chicken Drumstick Recipes
*To blanch tomatoes, cut a small cross into the base then plunge the tomatoes into boiling water for about 10-15 seconds, them remove and refresh under cold, running water and peel off the skins.
I think the beauty of this that the tomato is barely cooked, so you get that brilliant, fresh, summery taste of tomato with some warmth from the chillis.