This is a apple tea cake recipe for Suzi, a friend from work, who told me that she had some apples that needed using up! Suz, the apple pie recipe I posted below is almost no work at all (easy as pie? Wa-ha-ha-ha!), but in case that doesn’t take your fancy…
Apple tea cake (sans pictures as I haven’t made it right now due to stuuuudy)
Apple Tea Cake Recipe Ingredients
- 185g butter
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup whole-fat milk
- 2 apples, cored, peeled and thickly sliced lengthways
How to Make Easy Apple Tea Cake Recipe
1. Line a springform cake tin and preheat oven to 175 degrees C
2. Beat butter, caster sugar and lemon zest till nice and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition (the mixture may look curdled, but don’t worry too much, this doesn’t affect the flavour).
Also Try: Easy Homemade Apple Pie Recipe
3. Pour into a cake tin, then arrange apple slices on top. Put into the oven, and bake for 50-60 minutes.
After it’s baked and cooled, brush the top with melted butter, and then sprinkle on some cinnamon sugar. Mmmmm… This is particularly good on a cold Autumn afternoon, with a mug of tea!