I don’t know what it is about these little tuna patties, but they’re adored by friends and family, and whenever I make a batch, they’re devoured in front of my very eyes! These are dead easy, and can be made into small patties as finger food, or larger patties for burgers.
The small ones should never be more than 1cm thick, and the larger ones 1.5 cm at the very most. I’ve had people eat these with a variety of sauces, and when being turned into burgers, are great with some tasty cheese, carrot, cucumber, iceberg lettuce, pickles and ketchup. Make sure to put the cheese on the patty as soon as it comes off the frying pan as it’ll make it lovely and melted.
Tuna Patties Recipe
- 1 large can tuna in spring water (at the very least in brine, no-no to tuna in oil as it adds too much moisture), drained and flaked
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4-5 green onions, washed and finely sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 – 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup cooked corn kernels
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
How to Make Tuna Patties Recipe
1. Mix tuna, diced onion, green onion and corn kernels. Season with salt and pepper
2. Mix in egg and as much breadcrumbs as necessary to make a wet mixture that barely holds together
Also Read: Easy Mud Cake Recipe For Beginner!
3. Heat oil in a frying pan, and make patties (large or small), and fry them on each side till they’re lovely golden brown in colour
4. Serve with a salad or in a burger with plenty of fresh vegetables