There’s a million and one recipes for ‘authentic’ guacamole out there, so I’m not even going to pretend that this one is anywhere near authentic (so, no – this was not passed down to me by the guacamole recipe master in some tiny Mexican village – it’s just something I made up!). Even though this isn’t authentic, it’s been loved by everyone who has tried it is definetely a great dip to have on hand for any parties 🙂
I’m a great believer in chilli and love adding it in some form to most dishes 😛 What’s the name of the Mexican place? The only place I’ve been is Taco Bill (eww, I know, but a few friends of mine work there) and I’d love to try some better quality stuff.
You should definetely give it a shot 🙂 the sweet chilli sauce is more for the sweetness than the chilli, but it does give it an extremely mild heat which I love!
- 1 large, ripe avocado
- Juice from 1/2 large lemon (or 1 whole small lemon)
- 1 tomato, pulp and seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 red/spanish onion, finely diced
- 4 tbsp (scant) sweet chilli sauce
- Black pepper
How to Make Guacamole Recipe
1. Mash avocado, mix with diced tomato and onion.
Also Try: Traditional Korean Kimchi Recipe
2. Add lemon juice and mix in, then add sweet chilli sauce 1 tbsp at a time, making sure to taste and stop adding once the sweetness just balances the tang from the lemon.
3. Add some freshly cracked black pepper to taste, mix thoroughly, then open a bag of corn chips and go for it!