This was the cry from the wonderful Lisa and Ivonne, and so how could I not hearken to their call? They had planned a wonderful outdoor feast and forgotten the food! With the call for help put out to the blogging world, I began to eagerly flip through my cookbooks.
I’m looking for a nice, simple recipe that would incorporate some fresh flavours as well as being easy to make. After searching for awhile, I stumbled across a recipe I’d written in one of my notebooks (no idea where from!) that looked like a good starting point!
Beef in Red Wine and Avocado Salad Recipe
So here you are girls, I’ve brought my dish to the table for beef and avocado salad recipe – hope you enjoy it 😉
Red Wine Beef and Avocado Salad Ingredients
(to serve 4)
- 4x 150g thick lean rump steaks
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 3 thai/birds eye chillis, deseeded and finely sliced
- 1 small onion, either grated or pureed
- 1 tbsp castor sugar (superfine sugar)
- 1 large hass avocado, sliced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, sliced
- 1 punnet cherry tomatos, halved
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
How to Make Wine Beef And Avocado Salad Recipe
1. Marinate steaks with garlic, ginger, sugar, red wine, chilli and onion in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
2. For the salad, combine avocado, cucumber and tomatoes in a bowl. Add the olive oil and red wine vinegar, then toss lightly to coat.
Also Try: Salty and Sweet Beef Recipe
3. Drain each steak then cook on a hot grill or frying pan till medium-rare inside (unfortunately I slightly overcooked mine, but it still tasted great!)
4. Slice up each steak on an angle, arrange over the salad and enjoy!
A lovely blend of textures and flavours – the soft avocado, juicy tomato and beef, cool crunchiness from the cucumber with a slight tang from the red wine vinegar! This goes down a treat with a glass of red 😉